Home Base Iowa's mission is to make Iowa the state of choice for military men and women as they transition to civilian careers. Home Base Iowa will provide veterans with resources that can open doors to job opportunities, welcoming communities, and on-going engagement with the military community.
For more information on the State of Iowa Home Base Iowa program go to: www.homebaseiowa.org
Sioux County, Iowa is proud to be an official Home Base Iowa County! This initiative is to ensure that Sioux County is doing everything that we can to be welcoming to military members and their families as they leave military service and transition to a civilian lifestyle.
- Sioux County Welcome Package information can be found here.
Components of the Home Base Iowa Act (Senate File 303)
- Military Pension Income Tax Exemption: All Military pensions will be fully exempt from state income tax. This exemption is retroactive to Jan. 1 2014.
- Military Homeownership Assistance Program: A program through the Iowa Finance Authority will expand the budget to provide for up to $5000 of down payment or closing cost assistance to eligible veterans. This applies to those who have served since 9/11 as well as those that served during the Gulf War of 90/91.
- Permissive Veterans Preference: The Home Base Iowa Act will clarify that it is legal for private businesses to provide veterans preferential treatment in hiring decisions.
- Occupational Licensure: Iowa's occupational licensing boards will adopt rules allowing credit for military training and experience in the licensing process.
- Education: The state Board of Education will create a uniform policy granting automatic in-state tuition to veterans, their spouses, and their dependents at Iowa's community colleges.
- License Plates: Eligible applicants will be issued veterans-related license plates (such as Purple Heart, Bronze Star, and Silver Star) for free.
Sioux County Home Base Iowa Employers
- A complete list of Sioux County Home Base Iowa Employers can be found HERE.
- Becoming a Home Base Iowa Business - In order to become an officially recognized Home Base Iowa Business, companies are asked to pledge to hire a certain number of veterans by December 31st, 2018. The official application form can be found HERE. Please email completed form to email@example.com
Sioux County Home Base Iowa Incentives
- A complete list of Sioux County Home Base Iowa Welcome Package can be found HERE.Please contact the community contact in order to access the Welcome Package.
Sioux County Community Contacts - To take advantage of the Sioux County Home Base Iowa Welcome Package, to get community information, community tour, housing or any other information about the community, please get in touch with the respective community contact.
- Orange City - Orange City Chamber of Commerce
509 8th Street SE
Orange City, Iowa 51041
Website - www.orangecityiowa.com
Executive Director - Mike Hofman
Phone - 712-707-4510
- Sioux Center - Sioux Center Chamber of Commerce
303 North Main Avenue
Sioux Center, Iowa 51250
Website - www.siouxcenterchamber.com
Executive Director - Barb Den Herder
- Hull - Hull Chamber of Commerce
1133 Maple Street
Hull, Iowa 51239
Website - www.hullchamber.org
Executive Director - Shelly Van Otterloo
- Rock Valley - Rock Valley Chamber of Commerce
1505 Main Street
Rock Valley, Iowa 51247
Website - www.rockvalleychamber.com
Executive Director - Keith Sietstra
Phone - 712-476-9116